Re: [HACKERS] postgres init script things solved - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] postgres init script things solved
Date
Re: [HACKERS] postgres init script things solved
List pgsql-hackers
> > The postgresql-?.?.?/contrib/linux/postgres.init is meant to start your
> > postmaster at boot time and stop it at halt/reboot. Excelent.
> > But it is made for postgres account running tcsh. I know nothing about tchs
> > and my postgres account defaults to bash. So (thanks to Steve "Stevers!"
> > Coile) I changed it to bash:

OK, but _I_ don't run bash. So someone else is now maintaining this
file? Why didn't we keep both forms in the file, with one commented out?
What are we trying to accomplish here??

                    - Tom