Re: printf %s with NULL pointer (was Re: BUG #17098: Assert failed on composing an error message when adding a type to an extension being dropped) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: printf %s with NULL pointer (was Re: BUG #17098: Assert failed on composing an error message when adding a type to an extension being dropped)
Date
In response to Re: printf %s with NULL pointer (was Re: BUG #17098: Assert failed on composing an error message when adding a type to an extension being dropped)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Responses Re: printf %s with NULL pointer (was Re: BUG #17098: Assert failed on composing an error message when adding a type to an extension being dropped)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: printf %s with NULL pointer (was Re: BUG #17098: Assert failed on composing an error message when adding a type to an extension being dropped)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> In this particular case, I would for example be quite curious how those
> alternative minimal C libraries such as musl-libc handle this.

Interesting question, so I took a look:

https://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/src/stdio/vfprintf.c#n593

                    case 's':
            a = arg.p ? arg.p : "(null)";