Re: [QUESTIONS] Accessing Postgresfrom JBuilder using JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Pierre Habraken
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] Accessing Postgresfrom JBuilder using JDBC
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Peter T Mount wrote:

> That's because the driver isn't loaded. Two ways to do this:
>
> 1) Add -Djdbc.drivers=postgresql.Driver although this won't work for
> JBuilder.
>
> 2) Add something like:
>           Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
> to your code.

Thanks for your reply.
I tried adding the explicit loading of the driver in the java code, but
this had no effect, which is not surprising in my mind.
It is not clear whether the fact that JBuilder components does not
behave well is due to these components or to the JBDC driver...

Pierre
Pierre HABRAKEN - mailto:Pierre.Habraken@ujf-grenoble.fr
Tél: 04 76 51 48 87 - Fax: 04 76 51 45 63
Université Joseph Fourier - Département Scientifique Universitaire
Adresse postale : CAFIM/DSU BP53 38041 Grenoble Cedex 9