Re: No AVworkers when PM_RECOVERY_CONSISTENT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: No AVworkers when PM_RECOVERY_CONSISTENT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> When pmState == PM_RECOVERY_CONSISTENT we run
> SignalAutovacWorkers(SIGTERM);
> at normal shutdown

> This currently does nothing, but since there aren't ever going to be any
> AVworkers at this time we should be explicitly skipping this. That
> should avoid misunderstanding the code and avoid any future side
> effects.

The code is trying to signal every child that exists.  By that logic we
should have a lot more conditionals to try to avoid signaling process
that "shouldn't" exist in the current PM state --- eg, the following
line where the AV launcher is signaled.  I don't think it's going to
be an improvement in either readability or robustness.