Re: pgsql: Enable script to generate preproc.y in build process. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alex Hunsaker
Subject Re: pgsql: Enable script to generate preproc.y in build process.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 15:23, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Huh ... what gcc and bison versions are you using?  The code is
> certainly wrong but I wonder why nobody else saw this error.

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang
--enable-threads=posix --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-multilib
--libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-clocale=gnu
--disable-libstdcxx-pch --with-tune=generic
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.2 (GCC)

$ bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 2.4
Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

>> The fix to preproc.y is below, but I don't immediately see how to fix parse.pl
>
> That's cause the problem is in ecpg.trailer.  I see Andrew got it
> already.

Explains why I could not see where to fix it :).