Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Here it is - view permissions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So I've never gotten the distinction -- what makes postgreSQL an
> object oriented database...

It is not. It is object-relational, which is relational with some object-oriented
features. The type/function extensibility is the most visible of these features.

> and what makes it relational?  the fact that it can do joins?

And allows one to use other aspects of relational algebra.

                                                 - Tom