Re: [HACKERS] RE: New ecgp code problem. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] RE: New ecgp code problem.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Unfortunately createdb as user postgres doesn't work either, so I have
> > to keep debugging without being able to run the binary.
>
>         I'm curious here as to why nobody has looked into this
> problem...

Because no one else sees the problem? I've forgotten what your symptom
actually is, but from the 980217 cvs tree:

postgres=> \q
golem$ createuser tgl
Enter user's postgres ID or RETURN to use unix user ID: 106 ->
Is user "tgl" allowed to create databases (y/n) y
Is user "tgl" allowed to add users? (y/n) y
createuser: tgl was successfully added
golem> createdb
golem> psql
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
You are currently connected to the database: tgl

tgl=>

Have you done a complete "make clean; make install; initdb" cycle??

                                                  - Tom