Re: [HACKERS] Shared tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Shared tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>    Do we have a way, at the moment, supported or otherwise, to "share"
> tables across multiple databases?  For instance, some of the catalogs
> are the same from one database to another, but could I create a new
> table and share it (and possibly some indexes on it) between more than
> one database?

No, that is not directly supported by the backend. You might be able to
do some trickery using soft links...

Also, I've been thinking about what it would take to allow the backend to
connect to another backend as a client. 'Course, I don't know much about
it, but it would be neat to be able to do...

                                                         - Tom