Re: [HACKERS] CREATE FUNCTION broken - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CREATE FUNCTION broken
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > >     Someone changed the parser to build a TypeName node on CREATE
> > >     FUNCTION in any  case.  As  a  side  effect,  ALL!  functions
> > >     created  got  the  proretset  attribute  to  true. Thus for a
> > >     SELECT the parser wrapped an Iter node around  the  Expr  and
> > >     since  singleton  functions  set  isDone  the Iter returns no
> > >     tuple up.
> > It looks like your patch will completely fix things, and is better than my
> > reverting the gram.y code. Can you suggest a small test case to include in
> > the regression suite?
>     The regression tests found it - but you  wouldn't  expect  it
>     there.  It's in the trigger test, where at some places SELECT
>     set_ttdummy(0) returns 0 columns instead of one.

Ah! This might be all of the problem with the trigger regression test then? I
had wanted Vadim to look at it because I wasn't sure what the behavior should
be. Does this test look good to you now?

>     Even if reverting the gram.y code - my patch could only  make
>     things better.

Yes, and scrappy already applied it :)

                                                         - Tom