Re: [HACKERS] Memory leaks? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vadim B. Mikheev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Memory leaks?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Maurice Gittens wrote:

> - Postgresql Version:  6.3 (recent (this week) snapshop)
> - OS: Linux 2.0.33
> - INSERT's are within BEGIN/END brackets
> - TBL_FREE_CMD_MEMORY is defined in config.h (I guess it's the default).
Well, this means that problem lies in large objects...
I never used them... I assume that new relation and index
is created for each LO. If this is right then we have memory leak
in relation cache (heap_close doesn't flush relation from cache).
Also, as I see now, LO interface uses its own memory context:
TBL_FREE_CMD_MEMORY can't help here -> all allocation must be
freed "manually".

Unfortunately, I haven't time...

Vadim