Re: pgsql: Only provide new libpq sslpasskey hook for openssl-enabledbuild - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: pgsql: Only provide new libpq sslpasskey hook for openssl-enabledbuild
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On 17 Apr 2020, at 20:19, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
> Only provide new libpq sslpasskey hook for openssl-enabled builds
>
> In commit 4dc6355210 I neglected to put #ifdef USE_OPENSSL around the
> declarations of the new items. This is remedied here.

This wasn't really the problem I reported though.  As per my patch [0] in the
email, the issue is with openssl_tls_init_hook in src/include/libpq/libpq-be.h
requiring an OpenSSL specific SSL_CTX parameter, thus breaking compilation for
other TLS backends. The name also makes it somewhat backend specific =)

PQgetSSLKeyPassHook is written generic enough that it could make sense for
other backends too, but for now I think we can keep the guards introduced in
this commit.

cheers ./daniel

[0] E1BB5261-5C89-494A-841B-283DAD27A2EA@yesql.se