Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE Problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vadim B. Mikheev
Subject Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE Problem
Date
Re: [HACKERS] VACUUM ANALYZE Problem  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
James Hughes wrote:

> After poking arround some more, I found that the "vacuum analyze" is
> causing problems with the "<" and ">" operators. The "> 0" in the SELECT
> for "/d <table>" and "/dS" commands in psql cause the error.
>
> I verified that any simple query using the "<" or ">" operators fail
> with the same message...

Analyze uses oper("=",...), oper("<",...) and oper(">",...)...
Are queries with "=" OK ?

>         ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 0: cache lookup failed
>
>                         ...after using the "vacuum analyse" command.
> But, only after vacuuming any relation that was created and populated by
> me. Vacumming system catalogs poses no problems.

There are comments into vc_updstats:

    /*
     * invalidating system relations confuses the function cache of
     * pg_operator and pg_opclass
     */
    if (!IsSystemRelationName(pgcform->relname.data))
        RelationInvalidateHeapTuple(rd, rtup);

==> invalidation of user relation causes problems too, Bruce ?

Vadim