Re: BUG #18514: Encountering an error invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1811939328 when executing script - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18514: Encountering an error invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1811939328 when executing script
Date
In response to BUG #18514: Encountering an error invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1811939328 when executing script  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-bugs
> Encountering an error invalid DSA memory alloc request size 1811939328 when
> executing a prepared statement after multiple runs. The error occurs due to
> a different execution plan being chosen on the 6th attempt.

Could you submit a self-contained reproducer script for this?  The
query alone is not enough information; we'd have to guess at your
table definition and contents.  (Note that dummy data might be
enough to provoke it, so you can probably anonymize or remove
anything sensitive.)

> Could you please assist in understanding why the execution plan changes

Probably as a result of switching from custom to generic plan.
There's not anything exciting about that, but we would like to
get to the bottom of the DSA allocation failure.

            regards, tom lane