Re: insertion of bytea - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Chris Mair
Subject Re: insertion of bytea
Date
List pgsql-performance
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 03:44:36PM +0200, Chris Mair wrote:
>>Is there a better, faster way to do these inserts?
>
> COPY is generally the fastest way to do bulk inserts (see
> PQputCopyData).

Hi,

I've rewritten the testclient now to use COPY, but I'm getting
the exact same results as when doing bundled, prepared inserts.

I'm CPU-bound with an I/O well below what my disks could do :(

Bye, Chris.

PS1: someone off-list suggested using oprofile, which I will do.

PS2: in case somebody is iterested, the test client is here:
     http://www.1006.org/tmp/20051027/

     pgclient-1.1.c is prepared inserts, 2.0 is binary copy.