Re: BUG #8130: Hashjoin still gives issues - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #8130: Hashjoin still gives issues
Date
List pgsql-bugs
stefan@konink.de writes:
> By setting "set enable_hashjoin = off;" performance in our entire
> application increased 30 fold in throughput, which was a bit unexpected but
> highly appreciated. The result of the last query:

At least in this example, the query appears to be fully cached and so
you would need a random_page_cost near 1 to reflect the system's
behavior properly.  If your DB fits mostly in RAM, adjusting the cost
parameters is a much better idea than fooling with the enable_
parameters.

> What can we do to provide a bit more of information?

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

There is no particularly good reason to think this is a bug; please
take it up on pgsql-performance if you have more questions.

            regards, tom lane