Re: For update - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ottó Havasvölgyi
Subject Re: For update
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

Oh, I got it. Now in 8.0.6

When the view has UNION ALL, then PostgreSQL reports this: SELECT FOR UPDATE is not allowed in subqueries .

I see why:

select * from <view> for update;

After extraction:

select * from <subquery1> UNION ALL <subquery2> for update;

In this case it seems as if "for update" is in subquery2.

How can this be tricked?

Thanks,
Otto