Re: For update - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ottó Havasvölgyi
Subject Re: For update
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

Huh, it was weeks ago, and I thought it was normal. It was a simple view with one or two inner joins and without aggragates. Perhaps somebody could try it. I got an error message, that said I cannot do that. I cannot remember the exact message unfortunately.

Best Regards,
Otto

2006/1/16, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>:
Ottó Havasvölgyi wrote:

> What does this do exactly:
>
> select * from <ViewName> where <condition>  for update;
>
> Will be locked all the tuples in all tables it retrieves?

Yes.

> In 8.0.5 this did not work for me.

How did it not work?  Was any error message emitted?  What is the view
definition?

--
Alvaro Herrera                           Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org
"MySQL is a toy compared to PostgreSQL."             (Randal L. Schwartz)