Re: strangeness in pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mathieu Arnold
Subject Re: strangeness in pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general

--On lundi 3 juin 2002 09:35 -0400 Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have 2 servers, a linux and a freebsd, and I don't understand why when
>> I dump on one, the dumped strings looks like :
>>
>> "foo\r\nbar"
>>
>> and on the other one :
>>
>> "foo^M\
>> bar"
>>
>> does someone have an idea of what compile time option is responsible for
>> that ?
>
>     Looks identical to me.

well, they do not I believe.

>         ^M == \r == 0x0D == Carriage Return
>         \ (at end of line) == \n == 0x0A == New Line

that is right, but, in the first case, it is not '\r' + '\n' but '\\' + 'r'

--On lundi 3 juin 2002 09:31 -0400 terry@greatgulfhomes.com wrote:

> Are you sure the files are different format???

well, I use :
pg_dump -c -h pgsqlhost -h file database
on the 2 servers, the database being on another server...
I don't understand.

--
Mathieu Arnold