Re: [Cert] Re: PostgreSQL Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: [Cert] Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, February 4, 2008 1:48 pm, Hans-Juergen Schoenig wrote:

>> My point without trying to start a flamewar was:
>>
>> To be certified you must pass the test. I don't care if you are Tom
>> Lane.
>>

> to take this posting seriously i have to assume that this is a joke ...

Any respectable certification must be subjective.  You don't look at the
person, think about it, and decide. There must be a subjective and
independent test.  To do otherwise greatly reduces the value of the
certification.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/