Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg15b2: large objects lost on upgrade
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On 8/3/22 4:19 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I like the idea of txid_current(), but we have no comparable
>> function for mxid do we?  While you could get both numbers from
>> pg_control_checkpoint(), I doubt that's sufficiently up-to-date.

> ...unless we force a checkpoint in the test?

Hmm ... maybe if you take a snapshot and hold that open while
forcing the checkpoint and doing the subsequent checks.  That
seems messy though.  Also, while that should serve to hold back
global xmin, I'm not at all clear on whether that has a similar
effect on minmxid.