Re: pg_autovacuum integration attempt #2 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: pg_autovacuum integration attempt #2
Date
Re: pg_autovacuum integration attempt #2  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
I think it's ready to apply barring any feedback to the contrary.
Actually I do have a small improvement I will send in tomorrow (sorry
can't do it any sooner) that defaulted autovac_enabled to false, and makes
autovac fail more gracefully when the stats system is not enabled, but
that shouldn't stop you from applying this patch.

The thing I was trying to do was use the GUC hook function to make sure
that the required GUC variables are also set before GUC reports autovac as
enabled.  This seemed cleaner to me, but apparently it won't work since it
seems that autovac_enabled is read from GUC before the stats variables,
and there is no way to force the order in which they are read.  Am I
missing something?

Matthew