Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Date
Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema  (Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Petr Jelinek <pjmodos@pjmodos.net> writes:
> [ latest GRANT ALL patch ]

I started looking at this, and the first thing I noticed was that it
adds TABLES, FUNCTIONS, and SEQUENCES as unreserved keywords.  Now
I'm not a fan of bloating the parser that way, but I have to admit
that "GRANT ON ALL TABLE IN SCHEMA" wouldn't read well.  What I am
wondering is whether we should not go back and adjust the syntax
for the default-ACLs patch to use the same keywords, ie not

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES ... GRANT ... ON TABLE TO ...

but

ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES ... GRANT ... ON TABLES TO ...

Comments?