Re: Opinion poll: Sending an automated email to a thread when it gets added to the commitfest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Opinion poll: Sending an automated email to a thread when it gets added to the commitfest
Date
Re: Opinion poll: Sending an automated email to a thread when it gets added to the commitfest
List pgsql-hackers
Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> writes:
> I'd like to send an automatic mail to a thread whenever it gets added
> to a commitfest. Since this would impact everyone that's subscribed to
> the mailinglist I'd like some feedback on this. This mail would
> include:

> 1. A very short blurb like: "This thread was added to the commitfest
> with ID 1234"
> 2. A link to the commitfest entry
> 3. A link to the cfbot CI runs
> 4. A link to the diff on GitHub
> 5. Any other suggestions?

+1 for the basic idea.  An awful lot of people send such mails
manually already, so this'd replace that effort in a more predictable
way.  Not sure about your 3 & 4 points though, especially if that'd
mean some delay in sending the mail.  For one thing, wouldn't those
links be stale as soon as the initial patch got replaced?  Those
links seem like they ought to live in the commitfest entry.