Re: Migrating MySQL app to postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: Migrating MySQL app to postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
Be warned that if you use python, expect it to be slow.  Many basic
associative array operations are more than 10x slower than C++'s
comparative operations leading to long page execution time if you are
dealing with alot of data.  I have written a simple web framework in
Python and XML, and it's a nice language, but it is slow in places.  I
should mention that string manipulation in python is faster than the
C++ string class though.

I can't stand PHP anymore because they just keep changing it
underneath me, and I can't do anything about it.  I'm one frustated
X-PHPer.  Moving all to mod_python and taking on the chin with the
performance hit.

Alex Turner
netEconomist