Re: How to improve db performance with $7K? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Date
List pgsql-performance
I wonder if thats something to think about adding to Postgresql? A
setting for multiblock read count like Oracle (Although having said
that I believe that Oracle natively caches pages much more
aggressively that postgresql, which allows the OS to do the file
caching).

Alex Turner
netEconomist

P.S. Oracle changed this with 9i, you can change the Database block
size on a tablespace by tablespace bassis making it smaller for OLTP
tablespaces and larger for Warehousing tablespaces (at least I think
it's on a tablespace, might be on a whole DB).