Re: How to improve db performance with $7K? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Yeah - the more reading I'm doing - the more I'm finding out.

Alledgelly the Western Digial Raptor drives implement a version of
ATA-4 Tagged Queing which allows reordering of commands.  Some
controllers support this.  The 3ware docs say that the controller
support both reordering on the controller and to the drive. *shrug*

This of course is all supposed to go away with SATA II which as NCQ,
Native Command Queueing.  Of course the 3ware controllers don't
support SATA II, but a few other do, and I'm sure 3ware will come out
with a controller that does.

Alex Turner
netEconomist