Re: ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in this expression context - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in this expression context
Date
List pgsql-sql
Paul McGarry <paulm@opentec.com.au> writes:
> Can someone tell me what this error message means:
> ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in this expression context

> Does it mean that there aren't any aggregate in the expression
> context when there should be.

Yup.  ExecEvalAggref is supposed to fetch the result of a (previously
computed) aggregate function.  It's unhappy because it's not finding
anything to return.  This is a bug --- can we see a complete example
that causes it?

> For that matter, what are aggregates

SUM(), COUNT(), MIN(), that sort of thing...
        regards, tom lane