Re: minor: ~ not resolved in psql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: minor: ~ not resolved in psql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Bas Scheffers writes:
>>> When opening a file in psql, ~ (the user's home dir) is resolved when
>>> using tab completion to find the file, but when you hit enter and psql
>>> actualy tries to open it, you get a file not found error.
>>
>> This is not a bug.  If there is not file named ~ then it can't be opened.

> Sure looks like a bug to me.

I think so too.  If tab completion can find the file then we ought to be
willing to open it.  Changing tab completion to not find the file would
be okay too, or at least consistent.  It's the inconsistency that leads
me to call it a bug.

            regards, tom lane