Re: Is my database now too big? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Is my database now too big?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Darren Reed <darrenr+postgres@fastmail.net> writes:
> I'm starting to wonder if it is a combination of:
> - the operating system (NetBSD 4.99.20)

Um ... what was your motivation for choosing that?  According to
http://www.netbsd.org/releases/release-map.html
a .99 release number signifies "an alpha quality distribution. It isn't
even guaranteed to compile."  It looks like NetBSD 4 is currently
up to an RC2 release, which is probably not what you've got there ...
but even if you were running the RC2 code I'd question the sanity
of insisting on a back-rev Postgres release on top of bleeding edge
operating system.

            regards, tom lane