Re: pg_dump query failed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_dump query failed
Date
List pgsql-general
karol.malinowski@trustedeyes.pl writes:
> last week backup of my one database stops with error like below:

> "pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: server closed the connection
> unexpectedly
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.

> Additional info:
> PostgreSQL 9.6.8 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5
> 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-16), 64-bit

The first thing I'd suggest is updating to the latest release
in that branch (9.6.24).  You're missing four years' worth of
bug fixes, and it's not improbable that the underlying issue
here is included in that.

If that doesn't help, you'll need to start debugging.  The
symptom looks a bit like catalog corruption; if you are lucky
then REINDEX'ing the catalogs used in that query would help.

            regards, tom lane