Re: pgsql: Require version 0.98 of Test::More for TAP tests - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Require version 0.98 of Test::More for TAP tests
Date
List pgsql-committers
I wrote:
> So apparently the true issue is that this test is somehow failing to use
> the same perl, or the same perl import path, as configure did.

Oh, I see it: wrasse is configured to use a nondefault Perl:

'config_env' => {
                  'PERL' => '/home/nm/sw/nopath/perl64/bin/perl',

but that configuration is not sufficient to ensure the correct
choice of "prove":

checking for prove... /opt/csw/bin/prove

so the TAP tests are being run with some other, much older, Perl version.

I wonder if we ought to teach configure to try to find "prove" right
beside "perl", rather than expecting people to be careful to set PROVE
as well as PERL.

            regards, tom lane