Re: Using Regular expresion - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Vishal Mailinglist
Subject Re: Using Regular expresion
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi ,
Did you try it?

Sure I did . Now you will say so whats the doubt ?.
This is something that is being sugested by developer of a .net adapter for PostgreSQL.

Since I getting error when using like
<code>
select * from TABLE where COLUMN1  '~^:parameter1'
</code>

he suggested me doing the following
where :parameter1 is the parameter
<code>
select * from TABLE where COLUMN1 = '~^' || :parameter1
</code>

accroding to him should parse as
<code>
select * from TABLE where COLUMN1 = '~^' || 20
</code>

IMHO that is wrong . Before the develoer puts on to PostgreSQL I just wanted to confirm.

Can anyone please confirm he is wroing.

I dont know if I am making any sence :(

select * from TABLE where COLUMN1 = '~^' || 20
</code>

Be like

--
Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Save paper if you don't really need to print this e-mail.

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to the addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta. Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this message or any attachments

--
Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.