Re: CREATE/DROP ROLE transactional? GRANT/REVOKE? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CREATE/DROP ROLE transactional? GRANT/REVOKE?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Mar 6, 2023 at 4:06 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> DDL commands in Postgres are
>> transactional unless their man page explicitly says they're not.

> Could you point to where in the doc this is stated?

For example, for CREATE DATABASE the first "Note" para in [1] is

    CREATE DATABASE cannot be executed inside a transaction block.

I don't think we are entirely consistent about whether this is
mentioned in "Description" or "Notes", but it's there somewhere.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createdatabase.html