Re: Json:- Accepting 'integer' value - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Json:- Accepting 'integer' value
Date
List pgsql-general
shaurya jain <12345shaurya@gmail.com> writes:
> But while we checking the same thing in Oracle it doesn't accept this. Is
> it an issue with Postgres data type?

I'd call it an issue with Oracle.

We follow RFC 7159, which specifies that "bare" scalars (numbers,
strings, booleans) are valid JSON values.  I see though that it
says

   A JSON text is a serialized value.  Note that certain previous
   specifications of JSON constrained a JSON text to be an object or an
   array.

so apparently Oracle is following some obsolete version of the spec.

            regards, tom lane