Database recovery after fs crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian von Kietzell
Subject Database recovery after fs crash
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I've got a serious problem. After a horrible filesystem crash the only thing
left of my database are some files in /lost+found (with changed names!). Is
there a way to recover the data from those files? I managed to identify the
files belonging to PostgreSQL (unfortunately, these are part of more than one
database (think of template0/1...)), but I don't know which file belongs to
which table.
I've searched the web for recovery tools but none of them seems capable of
what I want to do. Is there any documentation on the structure of PostgreSQL's
database files?
If this is the wrong place to ask, please tell me where I might get help.

Cheers,
  Christian

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list and therefore would appreciate direct
answers.