Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> Because, the fact is that it's a PITA and many people don't even go
> far enough to look.  If major components of PostgreSQL were included
> in the core, it would make it much easier for people; especially those
> familiar with commercial-class database systems.

Those familiar with commercial-class database systems rarely compile
source code distributions to set up DBMS installations.

Those familiar with commercial-class database systems may be happy with
Devrim's pgnixinstaller, but that's not what we are discussing here.