Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze  (Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se>)
Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't that be the job of the platform providers?  Certainly I would
>> expect NetBSD to make it available as a package, both source and
>> binary, on every platform they support as they do for the thousands of
>> other packages they deal with.
>>

> Well NetBSD doesn't offer pl/java now so I'm not sure what point you are
> trying to make.  Sure it would be nice if every OS provided every version of
> every package, but when they don't what are you going to do about it? Provide
> a complete package or require manual assembly?

Well, in the case of FreeBSD, I can easily volunteer that if someone
wanted to make a port of pl/java to include, I can commit it for them ...
I don't know how NetBSDs system works, but I suspect it is similar ... the
only reason 'NetBSD doesn't offer pl/java now' is because nobody a) is
using it under NetBSD or b) submitted a port to their system

Hey JD, I notice that we don't have a port for plphp either ... if one of
your guys wants to create one, I can get it committed ...

----