Re: pgsql: Adjust interaction of CREATEROLE with role properties. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Adjust interaction of CREATEROLE with role properties.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 08:27:40AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> On 2023-01-26 Th 22:18, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Maybe we need to enforce this at some other level than the tests
>>> themselves, perhaps in pg_regress?

>> Yeah, that seems like a better way to go. Then it would even apply to
>> external project tests.

> Maybe this could be done by creating a pg_dump ?

That'd be an amazingly expensive way to do it.

I was imagining that pg_regress could contain a function that
issues some predefined queries and complains if the results
aren't empty.  It already has the ability to issue commands
to the cluster-under-test (for the initial CREATE DATABASE etc)
so at least most of the infrastructure is easily at hand.

            regards, tom lane