Re: BUG #16951: pg_restore segfaults on custom format piped from a different version of PG - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16951: pg_restore segfaults on custom format piped from a different version of PG
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> I have a reproducible case of segfaulting pg_restore when trying to restore
> from pg_dump of a different version. Specifically at least pg_restore from
> 10 crashes from pg_dump 12.

When I try that I get

pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.14) in file header

and that test is done first thing in ReadHead(), before the place
you identify.  I suspect you are dealing with a corrupt archive
file, not a version mismatch.

            regards, tom lane