Re: Why does app fail? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Why does app fail?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Paul Simpson" <Paul.Simpson@spgs.org> writes:
> I accept the back-end converts them. What I'm saying is could I not re-comp
> ile the back-end to make it convert to upper case instead?

If that were a simple change, somebody would have done it before you.
(Hint: the problem is not in changing a few lines in the lexer, it's in
fixing everything else that will break.)

What might be easier is to hack the ODBC driver so that those
system-catalog queries it issues are case-insensitive --- for instance,
use "ilike" in place of "like".  I am not certain that would fix your
problem completely, but it'd be worth trying.

            regards, tom lane