Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Joe Conway (wwc)" <jconway@cox.net> writes:
> I think it would be desirable to be able to restrict users from
> "publishing" objects into the public schema.

Sure.  I'm envisioning that namespaces will have ACLs --- that's what
will keep private namespaces private.  So, while public would by default
be world-writable (at least in the backwards-compatibility case),
there'd be nothing stopping you from marking it as read-only to some
users.

Come to think of it, that's still another reason not to have an "any"
wildcard: there's no way to put any restrictions on what appears in
such a namespace.