Re: File based Incremental backup v9 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Francesco Canovai
Subject Re: File based Incremental backup v9
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Marco,

On Sunday 01 February 2015 00:47:24 Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> You can find the updated patch attached to this message.

I've been testing the v9 patch with checksums enabled and I end up with a lot
of warnings like these ones:

WARNING:  page verification failed, calculated checksum 47340 but expected
47342
WARNING:  page verification failed, calculated checksum 16649 but expected
16647
WARNING:  page verification failed, calculated checksum 13567 but expected
13565
WARNING:  page verification failed, calculated checksum 14110 but expected
14108
WARNING:  page verification failed, calculated checksum 40990 but expected
40988
WARNING:  page verification failed, calculated checksum 46242 but expected
46244

I can reproduce the problem with the following script:

WORKDIR=/home/fcanovai/tmp
psql -c "CREATE DATABASE pgbench"
pgbench -i -s 100 --foreign-keys pgbench
mkdir $WORKDIR/tbsp
psql -c "CREATE TABLESPACE tbsp LOCATION '$WORKDIR/tbsp'"
psql -c "ALTER DATABASE pgbench SET TABLESPACE tbsp"

Regards,
Francesco

--
Francesco Canovai - 2ndQuadrant Italy