Re: allow online change primary_conninfo - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sergei Kornilov
Subject Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

>>  Well, it seems better to move this patch to next commitfest?
>
> What? You want to make wal_receiver_create_temp_slot unchangeable and
> default to off in pg13, and delay the patch that fixes those things to
> pg14? That makes no sense to me.

I want to handle similar things in a similar way.
wal_receiver_create_temp_slot has good design? I will change my patch in same way in this case. But something like that
wasstrongly rejected a year ago.

> Please keep them both here so that we can get things to a usable state.

Yes, of course.

Here I attached 3 patches:
0001 is copy from https://commitfest.postgresql.org/27/2456/ It changes wal_receiver_create_temp_slot to
PGC_POSTMASTER,changes the default value to off, and moves the logic to the startup process.

0002 changes primary_conninfo and primary_slot_name to be PGC_SIGHUP
0003 changes wal_receiver_create_temp_slot back to be PGC_SIGHUP. Michael Paquier asks to remove this from 0002, you
askto leave it in this thread. So, I made separate patch on top of 0002.

Thank you

regards, Sergei
Attachment