Re: allow segment size to be set to < 1GiB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: allow segment size to be set to < 1GiB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In the attached patch I renamed --with-segsize= to --with-segsize-mb= /
> -Dsegsize= to -Dsegsize_mb=, to avoid somebody building with --with-segsize=2
> or such suddenly ending up with an incompatible build.

For the purpose of exercising these code paths with the standard
regression tests, even a megabyte seems large -- we don't create
very many test tables that are that big.  How about instead
allowing the segment size to be set in pages?