Re: [HACKERS] MySQL to PostgreSQL for SugarCRM - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mitch Pirtle
Subject Re: [HACKERS] MySQL to PostgreSQL for SugarCRM
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 8/5/05, Denis Lussier <denis@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> I'm currently most interested in getting SugarCRM working natively on
> Postgres. Does anybody know a good CRM package that is BSD all the way
> through??  It is great that there are many CRM packages that already support
> the worlds most advanced open source database.
>
> I am sure that SugarCRM is wildly popular these days as an
> "enterprise-class" open source alternative AND that it is presently only
> officially supported on MySQL.   I believe that Postgres and/or EDB-Postgres
> ought to be the database of choice for all SugarCRM customers who love their
> data.

SugarCRM is derived from the Mambo CMS, and we've just ported it to
using ADOdb for database abstraction. Gosh it feels good to finally
say it!  :-D

Anywhoo, depending on how early SugarCRM forked from Mambo, we
introduced a database class in the 4.5.x series that makes it somewhat
straightforward to implement for other databases. I have no idea what
SugarCRM has done in this regard, or if they have taken any efforts to
consolidate their SQL statements into a class for easier migration.

Would be interested in hearing from SugarCRM about their plans in this
regard, and will hunt them down next week at LinuxWorld in SFO.

--
Mitch Pirtle
Mambo Core Developer