Re: [HACKERS] MySQL to PostgreSQL for SugarCRM - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Denis Lussier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] MySQL to PostgreSQL for SugarCRM
Date
Re: [HACKERS] MySQL to PostgreSQL for SugarCRM
List pgsql-advocacy
I'm currently most interested in getting SugarCRM working natively on Postgres. Does anybody know a good CRM package that is BSD all the way through??  It is great that there are many CRM packages that already support the worlds most advanced open source database.

I am sure that SugarCRM is wildly popular these days as an "enterprise-class" open source alternative AND that it is presently only officially supported on MySQL.   I believe that Postgres and/or EDB-Postgres ought to be the database of choice for all SugarCRM customers who love their data.

--Denis Lussier
  Chief Architect and Chairman

From: Hannu Krosing [mailto:hannu@tm.ee]
Sent: Tue 8/2/2005 1:53 PM
To: Denis Lussier
Cc: Sergio A. Kessler; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org; pgsql-advocacy@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] MySQL to PostgreSQL for SugarCRM

On L, 2005-07-30 at 22:26 -0400, Denis Lussier wrote:
> Thanks, I'll check it out.  I didn't see much evidence on the SugarCRM
> site that they are interested in an DB besides MySQL.  But, it is also
> my hope that the core SugarCRM project will come around to supporting
> EDB/PostgreSQL (once we have done the port for them and committed to
> testing and maintaining it).

You could also check out Conflux ( http://www.conflux.ee/ ), which is
natively built on postgreSQL and mod_python.

Like SugarCRM they have both free and commercial versions.

I'm not sure how much CRM functionality the have the free (GPL) version,
but they have also an up-to-5-user but otherwise unlimited trial of full
version.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>