Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE for partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2018/03/19 16:45, Amit Langote wrote:
> I have tried to make these changes and attached are the updated patches
> containing those, including the change I suggested for 0001 (that is,
> getting rid of mt_onconflict).  I also expanded some comments in 0003
> while making those changes.

I realized that there should be a test where transition table is involved
for an ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE on a partitioned table due to relevant
statement trigger on the table; something like the attached.  But due to a
bug being discussed over at [1], we won't get the correct expected output
for the test until the latest patch submitted for that bug [2] is
committed as a bug fix.

Thanks,
Amit

[1]