Re: unknownin/out patch (was [HACKERS] PQescapeBytea is not - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unknownin/out patch (was [HACKERS] PQescapeBytea is not
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> ... I guess the question is whether
> or not unknownin/out should be marked proimplicit = 't' or not.

AFAIR there are no I/O routines that should be marked proimplicit = 't'.
We don't allow "C string" to be handled as part of the type system,
and until we do it doesn't make any sense to allow implicit conversions
to or from "C string".

The oprsanity tests are still a few bricks shy of a load w.r.t. the
recent pg_proc and namespace changes --- I hope to add more checks soon.

            regards, tom lane