Re: Return value of PathNameOpenFile() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Return value of PathNameOpenFile()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> Doh, of course.  The attached is a quick (lightly make check tested) take on
> allowing 0, but I'm not sure that's what we want?

Actually, wait a second.  At least some of these are not dealing
with kernel FDs but with our "virtual FD" abstraction.  For those,
zero is indeed an invalid value.  There might well be some "<= 0"
versus "< 0" errors in this area, but it requires closer inspection.