Re: Problem building both Python 2 and 3 into Postgres 9.4.4? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem building both Python 2 and 3 into Postgres 9.4.4?
Date
List pgsql-general
pbj@cmicdo.com writes:
> Has anyone successfully built Python 2 and 3 into the same installation
> of Postgres 9.4.4?

I do not think you can do it like this:

> make distclean
> ./configure --with-openssl --with-libxml --with-libxslt --with-python PYTHON=/usr/bin/python
> make
> ./configure --with-openssl --with-libxml --with-libxslt --with-python PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3
> make
> make install

You need to configure and make one way, then install, then make distclean,
reconfigure and remake the other way, then make install in only the
src/pl/plpython directory.  The recipe as you have it will end up with
only one installed copy of plpython, not two, and I'm not real sure that
that copy will be correctly built for either case.

            regards, tom lane